Sunday 13 May 2012

Plea

Ok. That's all for now. Finally numbers will be published tomorrow.

I'm going to prepare a feature for the front page of the manxathletics website for the morning.

I'll pick up any corrections that you alert me to if you email murray@manxathletics.com

My data is completely unofficial although i will be liaising with the organising committee. So as long as your entry is correct on the official list that all that really matters.

I use the publicly available data and compare it to my database that I have been working on for the past 30 odd years. I have several problems as the event gets bigger. Firstly people who have the same name as another entrant. Secondly people who have more than one name in either the forename or surname field on the official entries. Thirdly anyone has changed their name. Into the third category come three sub groups, ie people getting married, people who change from their full name such as Michael to Mike another year and people who add silly nicknames.

My work is available to all on the website and also helps the media so any help is appreciated. Apologies to anyone I get wrong, particularly as the same problems reoccur.

No comments:

Post a Comment